Sunday, December 18, 2005
 
Last night was...
AWESOME.

It started with Hot Hot Heat. Maddy and I were about five people back from the barricade, and on the left side, in front of the stage. It was a pretty good view, though it seemed like the entire night the only thing I could ever see continuously were the singers. Hot Hot Heat started their set with Talk To Me, Dance With Me. They played Island of the Honest Man; No, Not Now; You Owe Me an IOU; Middle of Nowhere; Bandages; and another couple of songs that I don't know. They finished their set with Goodnight, Goodnight. I was worried I wouldn't know any of the songs they played, but I did. So I was happy. I've been meaning to get their CDs for a long while now.
During one song, I think it was Goodnight Goodnight, there was a surge or something, and that was a little freaky. I was scared I'd fall, and the person in front of me had way too strong of perfume on. And I kept getting shoved into her.
Then there was the wait between sets. In that time we got pushed back, pushed forward, and somehow ended up away from the girl with the strong perfume!
We were a little more towards the center, I think, and after getting pushed back I think we ended up four or five people from the barricade. When Death Cab For Cutie came on, I had a clear view of Ben Gibbard, but only him. They started their set with The New Year, and in their set in an unremembered order played: Title And Registration, Photobooth, President of What?, Expo '86, Amputations, A Movie Script Ending, Soul Meets Body, and a few other songs from Plans (which I don't have). They ended their set with The Sound of Settling. I was glad they played more stuff that wasn't on Plans because then I knew the songs!

After Death Cab a lot of people left, so Maddy and I ended up right next to the barricades. Psychedelic Furs came on around 9:30, so I was pretty tired.
After three of four songs, which I thought sounded a bit similar, we went towards the back. Maddy was thirsty and bought a coke. We then went to see if there was any merch left, and there was only q101 stuff, Plans CDs, and a Psychedelic Furs shirt in large. While walking downstairs though, someone said "Hi" to me, and it was John. I probably wouldn't have even seen him if he hadn't said something. Maddy knew a ton of people that were going, and we didn't run into any of them, yet we ran into someone that I know and didn't even know would be there...
We went back upstairs and stood basically in the middle of the room and watched the Psychedelic Furs for a bit longer, and then went over to our Moms. We stayed for the rest of the song I think, and then left. I was pretty out of it from then until I woke up this morning. I remember wanting to take a shower to wash away the smell of smoke, sweat, and beer, but I was too tired to.

Right now my internet isn't working, it stopped right when I went to upload the pictures, and it's 10:30 on Sunday morning.
I have a history paper to go and write!



Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Powered by Blogger