
Thursday, November 24, 2005
Turkey Day!
Mom's dealing with the turkey, so I left the kitchen, because if I see it now, it's harder for me to eat it.
So far Mom and I have made the cranberry relish and the cornbread. And we've started everything but the cauliflower.
The house smells like fennel.
Colin was going to come over for Thanksgiving, but he's going to his Grandmother's instead. We're making food for ten peeople, and there's five of us, so there'll be plenty of leftovers for us and Uncle Larry and Aunt Annette.
Uncle Larry was in the hospital, but got home on his birthday, so he couldn't make his yummy pie and strudel this year. It makes me wish I hadn't seen Rent last night and started Thanksgiving dinner or baked my pumpkin bread so there'd be some form of homemade dessert, but oh well. That's the last time I'm doing something other than cook the night before Thanksgiving.
Though Keri and I did make chocolate covered bananas. I had the leftover one for breakfast this morning, and it was yummier because the banana had completely frozen, not just the chocolate.
