Tuesday, August 09, 2005
 
THURSDAY
On Thursday, around 12, we finally hit the road. Maybe 11, at the earliest. Before that we went to the bank, and returned home for me to get my good headphones and DVD player. But the DVD player doesn't work without the remote, which I forgot (it turned out it was hidden under a phonebook, because I couldn't find it today either). I had a DVD player and 3 DVDs with me that I didn't really need, but because of our stop, I was able to get headphones, which sure did come in handy.
What's wrong with this picture?
We stopped at many rest areas along the way, and an oasis at the edge of Illinois for lunch. I had a sub, mom and dad ate something from Panda Express. I also had an almond pretzel from Auntie Anne's when they got their coffee/expresso.


FRIDAY
We spent the night in Duluth at a Holiday Inn. On Friday morning my dad and I went swimming in the pool. Before we left I used one of the computer terminals in the lobby to quickly update my blog. (Hence the I'm in Duluth post.)

We reached our neighbor's cabin early Friday afternoon. Mills and I went paddleboating, then her cousin Rebekah got their, and we went paddleboating again for a longer time. We also played a ben bag toss game.
That night we went to a lodge for dinner. After dinner the sunsest was gorgeous. It was also gorgeous the next night, but my pictures didn't turn out nearly as well. It's nice to see the sunset unobstructed by lots of houses and buildings.



SATURDAY
On Saturday we did many things. In the morning we went into Ely, and in the afternoon, we went on a small motorboat to find an island to have lunch on. After lunch, Mills, Laura, and Dad went swimming in the lake. Dad was without his swim trunks, but he made do. I almost kept the $23 he gave me to hold for him, but I gave it back on Sunday morning, less my allowance.

Laura's artwork is hanging up in a local bookstore for the month, and on Saturday night she had an artist reception. Afterwards we went to polka dancing!



SUNDAY
On Sunday morning, around 10:30, we left to go home. The ride home was quite an adventure. Especially the 15-mile dirt road that seemed like nobody's been on it for a while. We saw nothing but trees, rocks, birds, bugs, and an empty pickup for those 15 miles, and a few times, Dad was scared that we weren't gonna be able to get past some points.
We came across some small hawk-like bird in the middle of the road that wouldn't move. It eventually moved to the side, and mom watched to make sure we didn't run over it. Dad didn't run over it, but after we passed it, it appeared to play dead. I couldn't see it from where I was though, and I wanted to so I could take a picture.

Driving home we made many stops, including lunch, dairy queen, and dinner at Olive Garden (Dad wanted a restaraunt, and not much is open at nine at night.) After dinner, mom slept in the back while I sat in the front singing along to The Hanks and The All-American Rejects keeping dad awake.

AAR concert:1 day, 20 hours, 48 mintes
School Starts: 14 days, 9 hours, 33 minutes


Song I'm listening to: Our Lawyer Made Us Change The Name Of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued//Fall Out Boy



Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Powered by Blogger