
Sunday, August 15, 2004
Last night was the Death Cab For Cutie Concert. It was awesome! I enjoyed it. They played my favorite Death Cab song too, so that probably helped. Photobooth. It happened to be Maddy's favorite too. So I learned something new. While they were playing Photobooth we went to the merch booth and bought a shirt. Then we had to go back and buy another shirt because Maddy had to get her own so she borrowed the money from her mom. I'm broke for the week now since I spent all my money (my $15) on the shirt. But I likie it. It's yellow and says Death Cab For Cutie in green on it, and the fact I bought it while listening to them play makes it even cooler.
I was worried I wouldn't recognize any of the songs they played, but miraculously I did. I guess I subconsciously knew most of them, which considering I've only heard 22 of their songs, is pretty cool. They did have a song or two I didn't recognize. They started their set with The New Year and they ended it with a song that I don't know the name of. Their second to last song was The Sound Of Settling. I didn't see them because I was too far back and their were lots of tall people, but I could hear them. But I was able to see them, well sort of, when they were setting up their instruments when there were still gaps between people's heads that I could see through.
We left around 8:30 when Death Cab For Cutie was all done since we would have had to wait another hour for Modest Mouse, who we're not really fond of. The second stage had a band that looked like they were maybe in their early twenties, but Mom and Michelle didn't like them, so Maddy and I couldn't stay to watch, but when we left and were on teh street, we could see them. There were a bunch of people by the fence listening. I thought they sounded cool, but I don't know the name of the band or anything.
According to my mom some twenty-something year old told my mom it was cool how we all had Chucks on. Wow. Somebody noticed. Kinda...scary.
Also while Maddy and I were in line for our mom's gyros some thirty-something year old guy came up to Maddy and said awesome shirt and wanted to know where she got it. It was a Heavy Manners shirt that used to belong to her mom.
There's probably more stuff that I can't think of to write down now, but oh well.
Song I'm listening to: Photobooth - Death Cab For Cutie
