Thursday, July 15, 2004
 
From my journal:
Chicago:10:34 PM (Thursday)
Tehran: 8:04 AM (Friday)

I'm at the Shiraz airport now. I think I slept for most of the flight. They served breakfast, which I gobbled up even though I didn't even realize I was hungry.
Ame Farideh and Bababozorg are waiting for Ame Farideh's suitcase, so they found me a chair to sit in and wait, but I got bored, soI decided I'd write. But I don't know what to write.
The flight was nice, and I didn't chew gum coming fown and my ears are fine. My wars are rarely fine.
The only bad thing is I don't have sunglasses-or a hat- and when I jerked and woke up after we landed in Shiraz, Ame Farideh told me to look out the window, and my window must've been facing the sun, because all I saw was white, and I got one of my bad 3-minute headaches that got better once I was completely out of the sun and it's whiteness.
I just looked up. I've been writing for six minutes and Bababozorg and Ame Farideh are in the same position as when I last looked up. Ame Farideh just moved. Whew, I was worried they'd become window manequins for a moment there. But Ame Farideh took a few steps back and rthen walked forward, and Bababozorg is in a new postition now too.
They have the suitcase.



Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Powered by Blogger