
Wednesday, July 07, 2004
From my journal:
Chicago Time: 6:46 AM
Tehran Time: 4:16 PM
Sorry that I haven't written in a while. I didn't have time (or if I did I just forgot to use it.) Now I have to remember what I did Monday and Tuesday. I hope this is accurate.
On Monday, Naghmeh and I took a cab to somewhere in Tehran to get me a monto and scarf. After a few stores I fanally found one. It's a bluish-light purple. It's form fitting, which I didn't want, but since I've been here, I knew it was probably the best I could do and be happy and cool (temperature-wise). The monto cost 17400 tomans. Then Naghmeh bought me a pink scarf with other colors. Its striped. We also looked for some light pants. We got black pants at this one place. We also went to a small bazaar place. There was a store in it with a shirt that screamed KiKi in the window. [Edited out because she might read this.] Then Nahgmeh and I went to Jaam-e-Jam for lunch. My third time, Naghmeh's first. I got the chicken from Paris again. I don't remember what Naghmeh got. Something covered in cheese. I think it was chicken and beef. Then we took a cab back to Mamanzari and Bababozorg's. I don't remember what we did the rest of the night.
Yesterday morning, around eleven, Naghmeh came to take me shopping at a mall-like place nearby. We were going to walk, but Mamanzari told us not to because she was worried about me in the heat. We took a cab. When we got to the place I remembered it. I'd been there with Mommy, Naghmeh, and maybe someone else when I was here four years ago. We had gotten ice cream. This time there was no ice cream involved. We were going to have lunch when we got back. I bought Spider-man 2 (not my goal, my goal was gifts.) Naghmeh bought what she went there looking for. I saw a few cute shirts I liked, but one was too small and the other was too expensive. When we got back for luch, everyone had been waiting. I had Gormesabzi, but I only was able to eat half of what I put on my plate, and Naghmeh hadn't put much on her plate yet, so I gave mine to Naghmeh. Then Naghmeh went home and Mamanzari and Dad went to sleep. I checked my e-mail which kept Bababozorg from getting to sleep right away, Then I tried to sleep and couldn't. I thought about writing about my day then, but I didn't feel like it, so instead I went and sat on the couch reading Nothing Feels Good. I thought I'd heard Ame Farideh's voice, so I looked through the peephole and saw her talking to one of her neighbors. She came in when she was done talking. I told her that everyone was asleep and asked her if she had eaten lunch. She said no so I pointed to the table and told her there was lunch on the table under the towels that was probably still warm. She went, ate, and left. [She lives two floors above my grandparents.] I kept reading because I still couldn't sleep.
Later on when everyone woke up, I don't remember. Dad, Ame Farideh and I went to Khale joon's to see her and then came back here to pick Bababozorg up and went to an outdoor restaraunt. Not too long after we got there (and before everyone had arrived) it started to rain. For a while we stayed. I'd had a premonition that it was going to rain and changed out of my suede shoes and threw an umbrella into my backpack before we left. So when it started to rain, I gave my zanamu my umbrella. Most everyone else went to the part of the table that was under the tree or under the wooden shelter, except my aunt and uncle. They were under my umbrella. I went under the roof shelter thing with some of my cousins. When the rain started to let up, they had decided to go (they being people in my family.) Everyone came to Mamanzari and Bababozorg's. The food from the restaraunt was picked up and brought too. There were a bunch of people (I think around two dozen or so). I think I'd met all of them before. Then before midnight, when Dad turns into a pumpkin, he left. Okay, he doesn't turn into a pumpkin, he had to go to the airport to take his flight to Paris and then from Paris take a plane to Chicago. I haven't seen Dad since last night, and I wasn't home when he called from Paris. After Dad left, I went to bed and almost instantaneously fell asleep. It was close to midnight, maybe a little after.
At 8:45 this morning, Bababozorg woke me up for breakfast because Ame Fereshteh had called to tell me to get ready. This morning I went to watch Ame Fereshteh set up a sofre for a wedding that's taking place right around now. After that I came back around two. Mamanzari, Bababozorg, ad Naghmeh were here (and still are.) They all slept, but I couldn't, so I'm writing. Bababozorg woke up so I'm trying to connect to the internet to post this and check my e-mail. It's not working.
