
Saturday, July 03, 2004
From my journal:
Chicago Time: 12:39 PM
Tehran Time: 10:09 PM
It wasn't until today that I became homesick. We were at Jaam-e-Jam and I saw someone with a pair of shoes like Maddy's Chuck Taylor hi-tops with the license plate like things on them. Unlike Maddy's they weren't special because the toes and shoelaces were white. But it made me miss Maddy, and then I really missed my mommy when I came back to Mamanzari's and Bababozorg's because I wasn't feeling so well. I had to call Mommy. It was around 5:15 here then. There's company here so I should probably go back out there even though what I really want to do is sleep. They wake me up. Dad woke woke me up, and I'd finally fell asleep too. They thought I'd been asleep the entire time (the rest of my family) because every time they checked on me I appeared to be sleeping, though since I remember hearing them talk I'm pretty sure I was awake. Hopefully I can sleep tonight since I'll probably wake up in the next four hours if I don't sleep.
