
Wednesday, July 14, 2004
From my journal:
Chicago: 8:12 AM
Tehran: 5:42 PM
Yesterday when I was at Amu Farhad's they had company. Sina, Zari, Sabah, Siavash, and Omid over at Amy Farhad's. They left around 11:45 or so.
For dinner there was kufteh, lubia polo, dolmeh, mast-e-khiar with grapes. It was delicious. (Well, I didn't have any of the dolmehs, but what I did have was delicious.)
I stayed at Amy Farhad's until around nine this morning, maybe later. Then Zanamu Mina ran some errands and took me to Mamanzari's. I also bought a working phone card. When Zanamu Mina dropped me off, I fixed her nail polish for her.
Then I stayed at Mamanzari's until 3 or so when i came to Naghmeh's, which is where I am now.
She showed me this skirt she said is almost 100 years old (I think I might have missunderstood.) They wore them oover tehse pants that were baggy, but tight at the ankle. The skirt looks sort of like the ones that were in style towards the end of school. Naghmeh said she'd make me one to wear over jeans. She said we can pick out a fabric, the ones she has are too stiff.
She's also making a cake. It'll probably be delicious. So dar it looks scrumptious.
Right now Naghmeh just turned to water to her shower off. She couldn't take a shower this morning because she was waiting for a delivery. I think her bathroom door is open because it smells good.
She just walked outa nd apologized if I was bored. I said I'm not, I've been writing the entire time... I've been writing for 18 minutes, well, I was writing slowly and really neatly at the beginning, so I guess that's why I haven't written all that much.
