
Friday, July 23, 2004
From my journal:
Chicago: 4:57 AM
Tehran: 2:27 PM
Yesterday afternoon and evening I got out. That was probably really good for me.
First I went with Bababozorg to the place nearby that I went with Naghmeh my first week here. This time I bought black nail polish because my nails were looking really gross where the polish had chipped.
Later, in the evening, I went with Ame Fereshteh to the bazaar I went to with Naghmeh near where I got my monto. I bought a pair of while gold (it looks like silver) earrings for Mad. Ame Fereshteh also took me out for pizza. I got a mushroom pizza, but since there weren't that many mushrooms and the cheese was tofu bland, I put some ketchup on it for flavor where there weren't mushrooms.
This morning I went to Jomeh Bazaar with Ame Farideh and Bababozorg. It's in a parking garage and only on Fridays. I bought Mommy necklace and a purse. On the way to the kabob place, we stopped at a San-e Dasti (handicrafts) and I got 5 little silk carpets. They are machine made with thread. One is for KiKi's mom as a birthday present since she wanted to get big carpets but they were too expensive.
Then we got lunch from a place where we'd gotten kabob for lunch one day when dad was still here. It was good.
'm sort of exhausted (wow, it's 2:30. I thought it was earlier) but I'm not sleepy, and the internet is being cooky, so I can't check my e-mail. It's actually the computer that's acting weird. I'll call Mommy tonight, and then I'll just have to worry about Mad thinking something happened to me. Maybe I can take my internet card upstairs and use Ame Farideh's computer.
Or maybe I'll just rest or work on my posture with a book again.
