Monday, July 19, 2004
 
From my journal:
Chicago: 2:15 AM
Tehran: 11:45 AM

I'm at the Shiraz airport-again. Sorry that I haven't written much lately, every time I've meant to, I've gotten distracted ot fallen asleep or ran out of time to write everything.
Tachte-Jam-Shid was really cool. It's har to imagine what it looked like at its prime, but I think parts of it were unfinished then to, but it must've been pretty amazing. The carvings were so detailed and awestrucking. I tried to take good pictures, just like Mommy wanted.
Saturday afternoon we went to Bazaar Vakil. That was fun, but Bababozorg got tired and annoyed because Ame Farideh and I were spending so much time looking and hadn't bought anything. I spend my entire time looking for gold earrings that were studs and not too heavy (that was hard since most stuff was silver), a necklace or something else Mommy would like, and a snake pendant for me. I didn't fine the studs, there were only a few places with gold jewelry, and none of them even had what I was looking for. I didn't find anything for Mommy, and Ame Farideh found a snake necklace after I'd given up. Ame Farideh had gone into a store when we were on our way out and they had a few different styles of snakes. At first I was dissapointed because they didn't have exactly what I wanted. They had a bunch of two snakes intertwined with one of the snakes being bejeweled. I wanted a single snake that wasn't bejeweled like the one I saw in Tehran but didn't want at the time. The snake ended up being larger than I had thought, and bejeweld. But it was still cool. And it was 2700 tomans with a chain. I'd say that wasn't too bad.
Well, I think we might have possibly missed our bus taking us to the plane. I'm going to put this away to be safe.



Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Powered by Blogger