Tuesday, June 01, 2004
 
I had a very interesting weekend. On Friday afternoon I flew down to Houston with my mom. I stayed at my cousin's house that night. Then I spent and hour and a half at my aunt's house. I listened to my iPod for an hour then I took a twenty minute nap, and as soon as I woke up and rolled over, my cousin threw a blue highlighter at me. Delightful delightful.
On Saturday I went to my aunt's house again around noon and went swimming. Then I had lunch. Then my aunt told me that as my birthday present, if it was okay with my mom, she would take me to get my ears pierced since I'd mentioned wanting to get them pierced in August. I don't remember the rest of Saturday. Oh yeah, Saturday night was my cousin's graduation. (different cousin not previously mentioned)
On Sunday I helped my aunt (a little) prepare for the graduation party. Mostly I was really exhausted and just sorta aimlessly wandered around.
We went to the mall to get my ears pierced, but my mom was reading over the release form, and because I am on pills as vaccine, I didn't get my ears pierced. Mom said she'd take me in a few weeks. Sunday evening around 4, right when people were starting to get to the party, my aunt (not the one hosting the party) took my mom and me to the airport. When we got to the airport, we found out our plane was cancelled. My mom stood in like for at least a half our trying to get us new tickets. After a while I got fed up with it and went and bought myself a pop-tart (it cost $.96, it was all I could afford) and I sat down to eat it. My mom had finished with the line. She said we had a 6 a.m. plane for tomorrow morning. Then we moved and sat closer to the entrance of the airport. Then my mom decided to go see if there was a later nonstop flight home. She went and came back with a reservation for a flight sometime around 9 a.m. My aunt came back to the airport with my granma and picked us up.
I went back to the party. I went swimming a little. I played a few card games. I ate bean dip for dinner. I played Cranium until I got all sleepy and then I went to bed. I was having trouble sleeping, and then they were playing CatchPhrase right outside the room and my granma came in to use the bathroom and I fully woke up so I got my humanities homework and worked on it in a chair while everyone else was playing catch phrase. It was sometime after eleven. Then I went to bed after my cousin (who's room I was staying in) went to one of her friend's houses.
In the morning my mom woke me up at 7:30 and said we had to leave in ten minutes. I yelled at her for getting me up so early/late because she should know by now it takes me ten minutes at least to get out of bed and another ten minutes to get ready. I was ready before my aunt and mom had to wait for me. They were having problems with my aunt's mail server and internet I think. My mom wanted to check our flight status.
On the way to the airport mom called American Airlines and found out our flight was once again cancelled. I didn't find that out until we got to the airport and my mom went to get in line to get us new tickets. I had had my headphones on really loudly in the car and had been partially asleep. We got new tickets, but they were to Dallas on an eleven o'clock flight or so. We got to Dallas around lunchtime. Then we tried to go standby on a few flights, but we had confirmed tickets for a 3 o'clock flight, and since all the other flights were overbooked with long stand-by lists, we eventually gave up. We managed to get on out 3 o'clock flight. I slept for two hours.
We finally arrived at our house yesterday at 5:54 PM. Then I had to do my homework...

Song I am listening to right now: Time Alone - CO2



Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Powered by Blogger