
I was sitting in another office on another couch. Life seemed to be getting better. Rainbows were shining. A door opened. What? A door opened? Oh yeah, a door opened and Diet Dr. Pepper walked in.
“Hi! You must be Miss Crush. I’m Diet Dr. Pepper, more like the original. Be you and do what you do,” Diet Dr. Pepper announced upon his entry into the room.
As usual, I explained my predicament with formal situations, but I was confused and it came out questioningly, “I’m Strawberry, Strawberry Crush, please call me Strawberry though, I don’t like formal situations, they make me uncomfortable. I suppose I am here to tell you about what most people tend to call a tragedy, but I call it life.”
Diet Dr. Pepper was silent for a moment, then remarked, “I think I know how to help you. Do not think of this as a social situation, but as a time to let all your thoughts flow.”
Let my thoughts flow? Who did this guy think he was? A psychologist? Oh yeah, he was. Well, I’ll tell you this, I did let my thoughts flow, and they flew all the way to Timbuktu, which I learned in my travels, is an ancient center for trade and still is, thank you very much. As soon as I started talking, I was transformed, like watching some sort of movie, or experiencing my life over, and my words flew out of me like the destination was a very far ways away.
What do you think so far? It's an 2-3 page assignment for writing class. We have to write about the tragic life of a pop can using vivid verbs. I think I might end up writing too much and having to edit out my beginning or sum it up. Give me your comments and suggestions please.
