Sunday, December 07, 2003
 
Guess what?


Okay, well today was the regional robotics competition. It was all day pretty much, and it was fun, I suppose. I didn't deal with the robots because of my slightly irrational fear of legos I acquired a month ago. But I started to, and I think I sort of understand it too, which for me, is amazing. I worked mostly on the research project, and it came out pretty good I think. I think it just needs some revisions and it would be amazing. The teamwork (informal interview) went okay, I suppose. And the technical interview...well, I wasn't there. The table runs, we came in 7/8th (two people had the same score, so I am not sure) so that's pretty decent since it was out of 15 teams. Our robot broke down a few times, but we still managed to get at least a hundred points each run, I think.

At around 4:10, everything was over, and the judges had a 30-minute meeting while everyone cleaned up/(the people from our school played games when they were done with this.) Every team was called up to go get the medals, and then they announced the winners for each individual category, then the overall best, some Quest team was recognized as overall best (the competition was at Quest Academy, I think.)
Then they called out the 6 teams in a random order going to the State finals next weekend. Our school's predictions was that they would be Quest teams, and the first four were (Quest so and so team) and then so was the sixth team they announced. The fifth team was... a team from my school. Team 2474! The Marz Barz! And... I am on the Marz Barz! Isn't that cool! All week we are going to work on perfecting the robot and the research project. I want to learn about the robot as well if there is time since I think I am getting over my fear of legos.


Oh well, that is all I wanted to say. I need to go help finish setting the table. We're having fish. I hope it is Fish Tastes Yummy not Fish Tastes Gross and Bony. Oh well, blog next time I have a chance. My computer is still in my room and unconnected to the internet and I have been pretty busy lately.



Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Powered by Blogger