
Wednesday, November 26, 2003
I actually got this posted today. There is only a little less than two hours left of today, but I got it posted today nevertheless. I don't how my grandpa can wait until my parents get home to eat? I ate over two hours ago and they are eating now.
Wednesday, November 26, 2003
Quote of the Day: "I am not definitely going insane. No, wait a minute. I say that almost every day. Now I'm going insane. I keep on saying it, I mean, if I say it every day, then I must not be sane to begin with. I think I am now going insane. Oh, never mind!" -- excerpt from a conversation at dinner last night. I think I was talking to myself. The quote may be a word or two off due to my inability to remember exactly what I was saying except it was something along those lines and made not a bit of sense.
-- 9:39 PM
I am really tired. Will Mom ever get home?
--9:28 PM
Okay, that was funny. I just turned on The Mix (a radio station) and its retro eighties the person said right after I heard "show them how funky and strong is your fight" fading out. It was "Beat It" or at least it sounded like it. That's so hilarious. I like this station, but you know, the whole 3 retro eighties songs, or at least that is what the deejay said. Oh well. I like a lot of eighties music that I've heard. I've actually converted the entire Thriller album to MP3s. I like Beat It. I like Al Yankovic's song "Eat It" too.
--8:56 PM
I was watching some really weird show on VH1 called Awesome Horrible Hair or something, it was cool, but then I stopped watching it to go play tachteh, backgammon in english, with my grandfather. I won. I think I won last time we played too. I think he takes it easy on me, and he's always telling me some good moves if I don't see them. I think he's playing again. I tried to teach him the piano, but he couldn't because his fingers weren't nimble enough or something. I couldn't completely understand exactly what he was saying. I am going to try to record another song then I am going to go play a game with my grandfather downstairs. Mom is running late, and I want to see her, and I would like to upload these to my blog and see of they can help me set up the internet on my uncle's laptop that my grandpa is using so that he can read the newspaper. He seemed disappointed and pretty determined when I couldn't get it to work this morning. He got out his computer book and would read parts aloud to me, I couldn't completely understand it though because it was in Farsi, but parts of the words were in English, so he would point to them and I would tell him, like with how to set up AOL and MSN that we don't use them. Then he found ISP and I explained to him that is internet service provider, and that I need to just figure out how to put in the ISP and gateways and things into it so it would recognize the internet. I am going to try to record one more song right now, then I am going to play some backgammon. I'll try to write more later. And post this.
--8:53 PM
I've recorded two more songs. They are okay, I suppose.
--7:04 PM
I just got home from my friend's house. We are the co-editors of The MConnection, which I thought I had in my hand when I walked in the house, but must not have because I can't find the papers. I might have left them in her mom's car. I retraced all my steps from when I got home, but I can't find it. I'll ask her to bring them to school on Monday if I did leave them behind. But we finished The MConnection Winter Issue. Now we just have to update the website. I am trying to decide if the next issue should be a January or February issue. I am not sure which would be more appropriate. The Winter Issue is more holiday geared, so maybe a January Issue. Or a February Issue that comes out the second week of January. I was hoping to have The MConnection printed sometime during the weekend and distributed by the end of next week. But I am not sure if that'll happen because I seem to have lost the paper.
--6:09 PM
I don't know what to do now. I've cleaned my room, and my grandfather is busy. Oh well. I think I'll record some more songs.
--1:38 PM
I just went through one of my desk drawers and I found all these things from third and fourth grade. I am assuming I haven't gone through that drawer in a while. There were also all these old American Girl catalogues. Maybe five or six. I didn't look at the dates from when they were, when I got a weird paper burn (it wasn't a paper cut) I put everything back in the drawer. I am going to play a song on the synthesizer and record it. I hope I don't mess up in a noticeable way. Then I get all discouraged since Ia m recording.
-- 1:01 PM
I am getting discouraged. I want to play the songs perfectly. I can't seem to perfect them, and when I go back and edit them, I seem to mess them up. I am taking a break. And I'd only been playing for ten minutes.
--12:13 PM
Lunch was good.
--12:02 PM
I know this is going to be posted at a later time, but that is because I am not connected to the internet. I am writing this and am going to post it at a later time. Probably a week or so when I reconnect my computer to the internet. I moved my computer to my room. There isn't a connection in my room, so no internet until I move my computer back downstairs. I might be able to burn the file on one of my CD-RWs and upload it via my mom's computer though.
I moved my computer to my bedroom so that I could connect it to my synthesizer. I didn't connect it using MIDI because that is the more expensive way. I hooked it up the second easiest way for me. Using the internal mic is probably the easiest way, but I hooked the headphone port to my computer audio in so that it'll take the sound from my synthesizer. Its really cool. I've recorded four songs so far. One song came out bad, but I think I was playing the wrong notes. The other ones sound fine.
LUNCHTIME! I hope so, I am hungry.
--11:36 AM
