
Thursday, October 09, 2003
Wired News: New Napster, IPod Don't Play Nice: "Napster 2.0 is joining an ever-growing field of paid music services like Musicmatch and BuyMusic.com. These download services offer songs in Windows Media Audio, or WMA, format, the same format used by Napster.
Apple's iPod, on the other hand, plays songs that use the Advanced Audio Coding, or AAC, specification. Napster's files, then, are incompatible with the iPod.
Of course, the iPod plays a variety of other formats, including MP3 files and uncompressed audio file formats such as AIFF and WAV. "
Okay, well I suppose they should make a nice agreeable cross-platform standard. Yeah, like that's gonna happen. Okay, well my day was fine, picture day is tomorrow, I will try to write a nice cool very descriptive entry of that, but knowing me, that is SO not going to happen. Well, I am tired now, well, sort of, and I need to go put my clothes in the fryer, I mean dryer, so that I can wear a shirt that is "me" tomorrow. I can't wear my Thai Coca-cola shirt because it is black with white writing, and the writing won't even show up in the picture, and colors look best in pictures. I am probably wearing a nice purple plaid button up shirt. Still haven't decided if it will be buttoned up all the way like it was up until this year when I finally started leaving the top few buttons undone with a matching/clashing shirt beneath it. Clash is my new friend it seems, but not gasp tacky.
Well, okay, let me see, any cool ways that will help me practice the writing skills we learned it class today, uh, no, none that I can think of. Okay, well maybe. I will describe my bathroom after my shower. It will be as if excerpted from a fictional story.
... The room was warm with a cool breeze coming from the window. The window, which appeared closed at first, was really open enough to let fresh air in. The room had a peculiar smell to it and eerie lighting casting shadows upon the walls. The smell was as bitter to the nose as pure vanilla to the taste, but would fade away as the fresh air took its place in the room ridding it of the irking smells. I put on my glasses, allowing the room to lose part of its effect, losing its softness. It became crisp, but with a fogginess caused by the fogging of the glasses. Soon, the room came into a crisp, clear focus, and there was creaking coming from the doorway. ...
Was that any good? I hope so, I am not proofreading, just writing, well, its getting late, I need to go put my clothes in the dryer and curl up and warm my bed up so I can sleep, hopefully pleasantly, and (hopefully) wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and ready for the day ahead of me. That is not what is probably going to happen.
BYE
