
Sunday, September 21, 2003
Apple - Power Mac G5
I USED ONE!!!
Sorry, about that, I was a little excited. I used one around seven o'clock last night. I did, I really did. I would've posted to my blog from it, but because the people I was with at the Apple Store were hungry, we had to leave since it would take an hour to get to the restaurant. My friend is in town. She's the daughter of my parent's friend from college.
Yesterday I had a soccer game, I only played half so that we could do something, and then around four we headed downtown to Michigan Ave. We went to Sears and looked at eyeglasses and I found two pairs I liked, and they are buy 1 get 1 free or something, and since they are so much cheaper than the ones at the store at the eye doctor, Mom said I could have two pairs. They are so cute, and the expensive pair is a hundred dollars cheaper than the eyeglasses I liked at the other place.
Then my dad came and we went to the John Hancock and went to the Signature Lounge. My favorite view is in the bathroom, but oh well. The Signature Lounge is all smoky. The non-smoking section was all full.
Then we went to the new H&M they put where FAO Swartz used to be. I bought a jean skirt, I like H&M. They have all these brightly colored clothes that are cute, but I would never wear. I found this one cool abstract skirt, but the smallest size was six, I wonder if they have any smaller sizes than that. It could have just been they didn't have the size of that skirt. Then we went to The Apple Store (hurray!) and all I did was use a G5, but I got so excited I almost peed in my pants. I opened Photoshop, and it took like ten seconds to open, and this was a 1.6Ghz 64-bit G5 processor. Oh well, softwares haven't been optimized to take full advantage of the processor yet. When my dad saw the $1,999 price tag, he thought it was cheap until I explained to him it only came with 256MB RAM, and in order to take full advantage of the speed of the computer, you would need more RAM or more than two or three programs open would start giving you problems, and, for what I like doing, the more RAM, the better. I have 512MB, and sometimes that doesn't even suit my purposes, and I am not running Photoshop and some other hoggers at the same time. Just iMovie by itself sometimes. I wish I had Photoshop.
Then we went to Bob Chinn's Crab House. Then we came home, I went to bed.
This morning I was listening to the top 40 countdown and I hear like 18 through 12 or so, maybe 16 through 12. I don't remember exactly. Well, I have to go now.
BYE
